In Mathew 4:19-20, Jesus said: “Follow me and I will make you fishers of men, and they immediately left their nets and followed Him.”
- Principle: If you do not follow Jesus you will be snared by the net of the world.
- Principle: Fishing for fish is good, but fishing for men is better.
In John 8:12, Jesus said: “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”
- Principle: If you don’t walk with Jesus in the light, you will stumble without Him in the dark.
- Principle: Jesus does not HAVE the light of the world, He IS the Light of the world.
In John 10:27, Jesus said: “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.”
- Principle: Obedient sheep hear His voice and make the choice to follow Him.
- Principle: When you deny and won’t comply, you are easy prey for the wolf.
Here’s the simple truth: You can follow or be hollow. When you are hollow, you will search for fullness, satisfaction, contentment, and love in all the wrong places. When you follow Jesus you can be fully holy.
The wisdom of Solomon is a fitting conclusion: “The way of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord, But He loves him who follows righteousness (Proverbs 15:9).”