“Don’t interfere with good people’s lives; don’t try to get the best of them. No matter how many times you trip them up, God-loyal people don’t stay down long; Soon they’re up on their feet, while the wicked end up flat on their faces.” ~Proverbs 24:15-16
When a person is successful, he hears the cheers of the crowd; however, when he fails, the whispers of the same people are heard as an agonizing shout. Failure is, however, a normal part of a person’s life.
With this in mind, let me share my Top Ten Failure Quotes:
- Failure is not falling down: It is staying down.
- “Failure isn’t fatal, but failure to change might be” – John Wooden
- “Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.” – Denis Waitley
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas A. Edison
- “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
- “It’s not how far you fall, but how high you bounce that counts.” – Zig Ziglar
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- Try again. Fail again. Fail better. ~Samuel Beckett
- Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat. ~F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. ~Lloyd Jones
When I think of a God-loyal person, I think of Tim Tebow. This young man had a stellar career as a college quarterback. When his professional career came to an abrupt halt, some people labeled him as a failure.
Tebow refused ti sit in a corner and sulk. He decided to invest his life in the lives of others, and he does this through the Tim Tebow Foundation that “exists to bring Faith, Hope and Love to those needing a brighter day in their darkest hour of need.”
Tebow is a living example of Solomon’s words: “God-loyal people don’t stay down long; Soon they’re up on their feet . . . “