It happened yesterday; it was one of those bright light moments of fresh comprehension. As I was reading Psalm 9, a verse stood out from the rest like a sunflower in a field of bluebonnets.
The words that caught my attention were a positive affirmation of God’s faithfulness: those who know Your name will put their trust in You.
At certain times and places, God would use a specific name to reveal His character to His people. Many of the Psalms speak about the nature of God. From the many, I share a few that encourage me to put my trust in God:
- Psalm 3:3 tells us that God is a shield.
- Psalm 5:11 where God is seen as a defender of His people.
- Psalm 13:6 states that God provides for the needs of the faithful.
- Psalm 19:14 praises God because He gives the strength we need, and He redeems us.
- Psalm 23:1 reminds us that the Lord is our Shepherd.
Then, there is Psalm 18:2 which is a compendium of God’s attributes. As you begin a new week, I encourage you to think about it today:
I will love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.