When I woke up this morning, I was thinking of God and how He watches over us and cares for us. I realize there are those times of heartache, and we wonder where He might be, but life is not a Wizard of Oz experience. We can’t peak behind the curtain to see who is pulling the strings that form and fashion our lives.
If you think God is good and God is great in the wonderful moments, how great is your faith when pain causes you to doubt? In times of trials and temptations,I find comfort in knowing that God is the Someone watching over me:
- Chronicles 16:9: For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him
- Psalm 34:15: The eyes of the Lord are on those who do what is right and good. His ears are open to their cry.
- Proverbs 5:21: For the ways of man are before the eyes of the Lord, And He ponders all his paths.
- I Peter 3:12: For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”
Three quick thoughts from the verses above:
- God is always watching you.
- God is always ready to hear your prayers.
- God always has enough power to give you the strength you need to manage your situation.
At times I’ve prayed: “God I don’t understand the why and what-for of my situation, but I know that you know and I see that you see, so I’ll not fear because you hear–you are attentive to my prayers.”