When was the last time you paused to think about the many blessing that you have? Have you taken the time recently to “name them one by one” as the old hymn says to do? I asked myself these questions after reading Psalm 68:19: “Blessed be the Lord, Who daily loads us with benefits, The God of our salvation!”
There are several verses in the Psalms that remind us of God’s many blessings:
- Psalm 1 speaks of relationship: Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night.
- Psalm 2 speaks of faith: Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him
- Psalm 28 speaks of prayer: Blessed be the Lord, Because He has heard the voice of my supplications!
- Psalm 31 speaks of God’s kindness: Blessed be the Lord, For He has shown me His marvelous kindness in a strong city!
- Psalm 32 speaks of forgiveness: Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
I’ll close with this link to the song Count Your Blessings and the words of Psalm 33: “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord.”