According to information from Yahoo:
- 58 million Americans have a gym membership, but 67% of them never use their memberships.
- Health clubs have annual revenues of about $21.8 billion.
- The average cost per person for a membership is $58.
- 5% of gym-goers use a personal trainers at an average price per session of $65.
- Americans spend around $30 billion a year on athletic apparel.
While we should try to stay reasonably fit, we should place at least equal or more emphasis on praying to stay fit. How would your life be different if you started a match program?
- For every minute you spend trying to stay physically fit, you will match it with a minute of spiritual exercise (praying, reading your Bible, or speaking to someone about Jesus).
- For every penny you spend paying to stay physically fit, you will give an equal amount to the Lord.
When you consider eternity, which one is of the greater benefit to you? Is it paying to stay fit or praying to stay fit?