Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, so this is your reminder to get a little something for that special someone who brightens your life. Let me share some statistics with you to give you some insight into the 14th day of February:
- Some 180 Million Valentine’s Day cards will be shared
- 85% of the Valentine’s Day cards are purchased by women
- Somewhere around 196 million roses are used for Valentine’s Day
- 73% of the flowers that are purchased are bought by men
- The average consumer will spend about $116.21
What is Valentine’s Day worth to the retail industry? It is estimated that $403 million will be spent on flowers, and the jewelry stores will ring up sales in the area of $2.2 billion.
With all of the petal-pulling-she-loves-me, she-loves-me-nots, keep this truth in mind: Regardless of the day of the week, God always loves you!
Jeremiah 31:3 is God’s Valentine to His people: “I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.” God’s love will not tarnish like metal, wilt like a flower, or grow dim like a gem. It is constant and eternal, and you are the object of His love.