David did what he usually did when he found himself in dire straits, he looked to God for help. Psalm 62:7-8, gives you a glimpse into the mind of this troubled king, and reveals his concept of God:
In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.
Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us.
Notice the first word in each of the last three lines:
- Trust: You are to trust God in the good times as well as the bad.
- Pour: Instead of trying to fight your battles by yourself, confide in God and pour your heart out to Him in prayer.
- God: To really comprehend this verse, you need to make four sentences out of it, and contemplate each one of them:
- God (Creator of Heaven and Earth)
- God is (Not was; He is a present tense God)
- God is a refuge (Fortress and place of safety)
- God is a refuge for us. The Creator of all is always present as a fortress to meet your personal needs)
Celebrate the goodness of God today and praise Him because He is your salvation and your glory; the rock of your strength, and He is your refuge.