When was the last time you paused and counted the many blessing that you have? Have you taken the time to heed the old hymn and “name them one by one?” These are the questions I asked myself after reading Psalm 68:19: “Blessed be the Lord, Who daily loads us with benefits, The God of our salvation!”
A survey of the Psalms will reveal several verses that remind us of God’s many blessings:
- Psalm 1 speaks of relationship: Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night.
- Psalm 2 speaks of faith: Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him
- Psalm 28 speaks of prayer: Blessed be the Lord, Because He has heard the voice of my supplications!
- Psalm 31 speaks of God’s kindness: Blessed be the Lord, For He has shown me His marvelous kindness in a strong city!
- Psalm 32 speaks of forgiveness: Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
- Psalm 33 is a promise: “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord.”
I’ll close with this link to Count Your Blessings. I hope the song will become a symphony as you reflect on the times God has blessed you.