My post today is a simple list for the complex world in which we live. Instead of hurriedly glancing at the list and moving on with your agenda for the day, I hope you will keep it in mind and take the time to consider each one again on its assigned day for the week ahead.
Fact 1 for Monday: Life is full of obstacles.
You will encounter many detours in your life’s pursuit—be resolute. Don’t allow detours and distractions to become attractions; remain focused on your goals
- Philippians 3:13-14: Forgetting the things that are behind and reaching out for the things that are ahead, with this goal in mind, I strive toward the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Fact 2 for Tuesday: Small sparks can start big fires, so mind your manners and tame your tongue.
- James 1:26; 3:5: If someone thinks he is religious yet does not bridle his tongue, and so deceives his heart, his religion is futile . . . though the tongue is a small part of the body, it boasts great things. Consider how large a forest a small fire ignites
Fact 3 for Wednesday: Whatever grips your attention, grabs you.
- James 1:1:14-15: Each one is tempted when he is lured, enticed, and trapped by his own desires. Then when desire conceives, it gives birth to sin, and when sin is full grown, it gives birth to death.
Fact 4 for Thursday: You may not be what you think you are, but what you think you are.
- Colossians 3: 1-2: Seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth
Fact 5 for Friday: The world may think you’re a zero, but God knows you’re a hero.
- Judges 6:12: The Lord is with you, you mighty man of valor!
Fact 6 for Saturday: God has a plan and a purpose for you.
- Genesis 50:15, 19-20: When Joseph’s brothers saw their father was dead, they said, “What if Joseph holds a grudge against us and pays us back for all the wrongs we did to him?” But Joseph said to them, “You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. So then, don’t be afraid. I will provide for you and your children.”
Fact 7 for Sunday: It’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
- There are 86,400 seconds in a day and you can use them or abuse them.
I’ve only just a minute; 0nly sixty seconds in it.
Forced upon me, can’t refuse it; didn’t seek it, didn’t choose it,
But it’s up to me to use it.
I must suffer if I lose it; give an account if I abuse it,
Just a tiny little minute, but eternity is in it.
~Dr. Benjamin E. Mays
I think this quote is a good conclusion to my list, so I’ll end with it: “Let us take things as we find them: let us not attempt to distort them into what they are not. We cannot make facts. All our wishing cannot change them. We must use them.” ~John Henry Cardinal Newman