If he were still living Theodor Seuss Geisel, would be 112 today. Although I never met the man, I appreciated the wit and wisdom of this man who was better-known by his pen name Dr. Seuss.
As a tribute to him, I want to share a couple of quotes from some of his books:
- You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And you are the one who’ll decide where to go.
- I’ve heard there are troubles of more than one kind; some come from ahead, and some come from behind. But I’ve brought a big bat. I’m all ready, you see; now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
- Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
- So be sure when you step, step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s a great balancing act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed!
- Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!
- You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you’re lucky you’re not!
The writings of Dr. Seuss remind me of another wordsmith; Solomon said, “A well-spoken word at just the right moment is like golden apples in settings of silver (Proverbs 25:11).”
Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. ~Dr. Seuss