My two favorite seasons of the year are Spring and Fall. In the cycle of life, I think these are the two most refreshing seasons of the year.
Even though Spring doesn’t official begin until March 20th, God blessed us with Spring-like weather this past weekend. As I was enjoying the day, I thought about the many blessings that God gives His children, and two words from John 3:16 came to mind: He gave.
As I was tilling the soil in my garden, I thought about several things God has given:
- He has given the warmth of the sunshine.
- He infused flowers with their delicate fragrance.
- He designed your taste buds, so they would be tickled by the flavor of food.
- He engineered your eyes so they can see the beautiful landscapes of His magnificent creation.
- He gave you ears, so you can hear the three greatest word that have ever been spoken: I love you.
The I love you verse of the Bible is John 3:16, and when you read it you discover the greatest gift that God has given: “He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him might have eternal life.”
Take a moment sometime today to give yourself a gift. The next breath you take, make it a deep one, and then pause to thank God for the beauty and fragrance of life. Then take about 4 more minutes, and listen to this brief and beautiful song.