For the last couple of years, we have used October as a month to emphasis prayer and Scripture. Because October is the 10th month the idea is to take just 10 seconds at 10 AM or 10 PM for the brief verse and prayer that I share with you, and then at some time during the day read the chapter from Proverbs, use the ACTS format for your prayers. October has 31 days and Proverbs has 31 chapters, so we go through this wonderful book of wisdom during a month’s time.
10 on 10 for October 7th
- Psalm 36:10: Spread Your faithful love over those who know You, and Your righteousness over the upright in heart.
- Prayer: “I rejoice, Father, in knowing your faithful love, and I ask that you will make me a ‘spreader’ of your love.”
- Proverbs 7
While God doesn’t demand that we use a specified and approved formula before He will hear and answers our prayers, I suggest you use ACTS as a “road map.” This acrostic will be helpful during our 10 On 10 emphasis:
- Adoration is openly displayed throughout the book of Psalms and the manner in which the writers praise God.
- Psalm 34: I will praise the Lord at all times; my mouth will continually praise him. I will boast in the Lord; let the oppressed hear and rejoice! Magnify the Lord with me! Let’s praise his name together!
- Praise God for His mercy, grace, and salvation.
- Confession is a necessity.
- I John 1:9: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous, forgiving us our sins and cleansing us from all unrighteousness.
- Psalm 139:23-24: Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
- Psalms 103:2: Praise the Lord O my soul, and forget not all His benefits.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18: Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
- Take the time to thank God for:
- answered prayer
- spiritual blessings
- relational blessings
- material blessings
- Philippians 4:6: In everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
- Pray for yourself and for the needs of others.