The marketing power of today’s professional athlete never ceases to amaze me. I was listening to a report on either ESPN or CNBC that detailed the earnings power of LeBron James, and they are seen in the table below .
While there is a lot of dollar value to the name, “LeBron James,” there is still no comparison to power of Jesus name; and, Scripture testifies of this fact:
• Philippians 2:9-10: God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth
• Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved
• Psalm 7:17 I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High.
• Psalm 9:10 And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.
• Psalm 20:7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
• Psalm 29:2 Give to the Lord the glory due his name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.
Even though LeBron just inked a new deal with Nike that is incredibly lucrative, I still think the name of Jesus has more staying power, and His name is good for all eternity.