How about you? Can you identify with some of these feelings or questions?
• Have you had an encounter with someone who is as mean as a junk yard dog and you’re hoping someone has your back?
• Is fear the dominant emotion in your life and the one that controls you?
• Do you feel like you are in over your head and about to drown?
• Are there some detrimental currents that are overwhelming you and dragging you off course?
• Have the circumstances of your life burnt you one too many times and you want to quit?
• Do you feel unloved, unwanted, and unneeded?
If you can identify with any of the questions above, you might find some comfort in the verses below:
Now, this is what the Lord says, the one who created you . . .“Don’t be afraid, for I will protect you. I call you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I am with you; when you pass through the streams, they will not overwhelm you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not harm you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your deliverer (Isaiah 43:1-3).
Instead of looking at life through the lens of your bumps and bruises, I encourage you to understand it through the context of the verses above.