When you’re marching in Boot Camp and your right is wrong that means you left is in error and you’re about to experience terror. Drill Sergeants do not like men who cannot distinguish their lefty from their righty!
Something else about Drill Sergeants, they lack comprehension when it comes to the concepts of grace and mercy. While they have little knowledge of these, you’ll quickly discover they are well-schooled in justice and judgment if you step out with the wrong foot.
As you walk through the remaining days of this week, here are some principles to consider. They will help you stay in step with the Lord:
• Psalm 37:23-24: The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the Lord upholds him with His hand.
• Psalm 119:35: Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, For I delight in it.
• Proverbs 13:20: He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will be destroyed.
• Proverbs 20:24: A man’s steps are of the Lord; how then can a man understand his own way?
• John 8:12: Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”
• Romans 8:4: do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
• Ephesians 2:10: We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
• Ephesians 4:1: walk worthy of the calling with which you were called
• 3 John 1:4: I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
And, the prophet Isaiah tells us why it is important to be in step with God: “Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles. They shall run and not be weary. They shall walk and not faint (40:31).”