How have the holidays been going for you this year? Have you been the dispenser of gratitude orgriping? Truth is, some people would rather choke to-death than sing Joy To The World. And, by golly, there is no way in the world they will allow themselves to have a Holly Jolly Christmas.
Think I’m mistaken? Think again. According to arecent Consumer Reports telephone survey of 1,013 people:
· 68 % of people hate the crowds and long lines during the holidays
· 37% could do without the weight gain and getting into debt
· 28% said gift shopping made them feel likeScrooge
· 25% of people said traveling, seeing certain relatives and seasonal music were all things they dreaded
· 15 % of people told Consumer Reports that being nice was a holiday downer
If you identify with all the findings of this survey, I have a New Year’s resolution for you. Repeat after me: I will not be a Scrooge in 2012.
As we get closer to the new year, we can benefit from the words of the apostle Paul—forget the past and move forward.