How you can help:
- First Christian Church, has a Food Pantry, and you can help by either donating canned goods or through a monetary gift to help people in the El Dorado area.
- The Salvation Army is a nation-wide ministry that exists to help those in need.
- Samaritan’s Purse is a global ministry that responds to the physical and spiritual needs of people in times of crisis.
- The Lord’s Diner is a ministry in Wichita that focuses on feeding the hungry.
- Red Cross
As we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith. ~Galatians 6:10
The number is 225, and it involves a group of people in the small Caribbean nation of Haiti. While a large portion of Haiti is known more for its poverty than anything else, one segment has seen even more oppression and suffering.
A United Nations peacekeeping mission has been accused of sexual misconduct in a scheme that involved the sexual exploitation of 225 Haitian women. Their sex for shoes shenanigans has robbed these women of the peace they had hoped for, and it throttled their trust in the economic promises of the United Nations.
No one should engage in any form of sexual exploitation or sex trafficking, and this is especially true for a high profile agency like the United Nations. When abused by those you trust the most, the sanctity of your soul is violated, and you are left empty and hollow.
- Over 600,000 women and children are bought and sold, across international borders, every year and exploited for forced labor and sex.
- In the USA alone, multiple thousands of kids under 18 years of age are lured into the sex industry every year.
- Human trafficking is a $32 billion a year industry.
Any time anyone looks at pornography on a computer or buys a sexually explicit magazine, he is supporting this industry and he is exhibiting despicable and demeaning behavior. Lust is no companion of pure love, and the two are at the opposite ends of the emotional continuum.
What can you do to help stem the rising tide of moral degradation? You can get involved with groups like Love 146 and Samaritan’s Purse. You can also answer the call of Jesus to share His peace with the oppressed: “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God (Matthew 5:9).”