Chances are there will be an increase in traffic due to the casino opening near Mulvane. To handle this problem, Troop G will hire four more troopers to work the turnpike in this area.
I think it is a sure bet that there will be more real losers than jackpot winners at the new casino. Truth is, the odds are not stacked in favor of those who choose to roll the dice. Let me share the odds of a few other things with you.
The odds of:
1. Actually dying from a natural disaster are 1 in 3,357
2. Being killed by lightning: 2,320,000 to 1
3. Bowling a perfect 300 game: 11,500 to 1
4. A fan catching a ball at a major league ballgame: 563 to 1
5. Hitting it big on a slot machine 1 in262,144.
6. Being dealt a Royal Flush in 5 cards is 1 in49,739
7. Picking thefive correct white balls in Powerball out of 55 as well as the correct red ball out of 42 towin the grand prize are 1 in 146,107,962
Scripture gives us a sobering statistic with staggering odds: People are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment (Hebrews 9:27).
Odds are, these are chances we might want to consider.